PRUSD kindly reminds you of the importance of safe driving near the school premises. The safety of our children is our top priority and practicing safe driving habits is crucial to ensure their well-being. Here are a few key points to keep in mind:
1. Slow down: Be mindful of reduced speed limits in school zones and residential areas. Slow down to the designated speed limit and stay vigilant for any children crossing the road. If you do not adhere to the speed limit, CHP is present and is ticketing those who do not follow the school speed zones.
2. Stay alert: Avoid distractions such as mobile phones, eating, or any other activities that may divert your attention from the road. Stay focused and aware of your surroundings.
3. Follow traffic rules: Always obey traffic signs, signals, and traffic rules. Remember to yield to pedestrians and beware of people near parked cars. We had one accident and one near miss in the past two school days, due to parents not following traffic rules. These could have been avoided. PRUSD is working with the County Sheriff to enforce traffic rules. I plead with you to follow these rules while on school premises, you will save a life.
4. Watch for school buses: Be cautious when sharing the road with school buses. Stop as required by law and maintain a safe distance from them, especially when they are picking up or dropping off children.
5. Use designated drop-off areas: If you are dropping off or picking up your child, use designated areas and follow the instructions provided by school staff. Avoid double parking or stopping in no-parking zones.
6. Be Patient: Please be patient while waiting for drop off or picking up your children.
Remember, by practicing safe driving habits near schools, we can ensure a safe environment for our children and create a positive example for others.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to the safety of our school community.